Sugar River Outfitters is now carrying Blundstone steel toe safety footwear! We are currently stocking the Blundstone 162 and 163. These boots are certified to CSA and ASTM F2413-05 M I/75 C/75 PR EH and feature an impressive array of safety and comfort features, including:
- Premium oil tanned leather elastic side safety boot with penetration resistant midsole
- V cut upper
- New L-Protection Nail-Proof Sole in HT Ceramic fabric (PS4) – provides optimum penetration resistance over the entire sole while still allowing maximum flexibility and lightweight comfort
- Kickguard toe leather protection
- PORON in the heel strike zone for increased shock protection
- Xtreme comfort PU/foam cupped footbed with PORON in the heel strike zone
- Polyurethane (PU) midsole/thermopolyurethane (TPU) outsole highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- Oil, acid and organic fat resistant
- Outsole heat resistant to 284 degrees F
- Ergonomically engineered toe spring for reduced wearer fatigue
- Steel shank – ensures correct step flex point, assists with torsional stability
- Full heel breast with arch support for ladder and gantry safety
- Broad fitting 200 Joule impact resistant steel toe cap
- Slip resistance
- SPS (Shock Protection System) Max Comfort
- Electrical hazard resistance
- Australian sizes 5 – 13 (US Men’s sizes 6 – 14, US Women’s sizes 7.5+)View the Blundstone 162/163 at Sugar River Outfitters
Here’s a sneak peak of the newest Blundstone styles that will be available in the U.S. this fall. Rustic brown leather and a lace-up chukka boot compliment the classic Blundstone styles and colors, while spicing things up a bit just in time for cooler weather.
The 260 will be available as a 261 in chocolate suede, and a 267 in black leather. The Blundstone 410 stout brown is back, along with the same boot in black, the 413. The 585 rustic brown appears similar in styling to the 550 series, but will be offered in both a standard and fleece footbed version. Most unusual of the group is the Blundstone 268, an aussie-inspired chukka, complete with side elastics and trademark pull tag.
Blundstone 261 Chocolate Suede
Blundstone 267 Black Leather
Blundstone 410 Stout Brown
Blundstone 413 Black
Blundstone 268 Rustic Brown
Blundstone 585 Rustic Brown
Blundstone 585 Fleece Rustic Brown
Want the comfort of your favorite pair of Blundstones year round, but don’t want the discomfort of hot, heavy boots during the dog days of summer? The Blundstone 260 was made for you. The 260 is a casual, slip-on shoe designed with the warmer months in mind. It features a full grain premium leather upper, elastic side panels, a goatskin leather lining, and a top-stitch crepe rubber sole. Lightweight design combined with weather resistant leather make it a versatile shoe that can be worn throughout the spring, summer, and fall months. (And it looks great, too.)
Blundstone 260 – $128.99 SugarRiverOutfitters.com
Blundstone 260 detail. Stitching, crepe sole and trademark side elastics.
Blundstone 260 goatskin leather lining detail
Want to learn more? Visit us at SugarRiverOutfitters.com, or BlundstoneUSA, or give us a call at (888) 310-1116.
Having a hard time determining your Australian shoe size? We’ve created this handy size chart to simplify AU – US conversions for men and women, plus a chart of Blundstone boot styles and their corresponding widths and toebox shapes to help you find the style that’s right for you.
(click to enlarge)
And for the younger Blundstone enthusiast, here’s our kid’s chart:
(click to enlarge)
IN THESE days of impatient consumers and instant gratification, it has become something of a fading tradition to have to “wear in” a pair of Blundstones, the hard-wearing Tasmanian work boot.
Many farmers, tradies and other outside workers swear by the traditional 500 model boot and are only too willing to take the time (and blisters?) to get them into the comfort zone. But, as the fame of Blunnies spread, more city folk wanted to wear them and, well, who’s got the time to run-in a pair of boots? I’ve got jazzercise in 10 minutes.
So, in a bid to keep the 300 cobblers down in Hobart even busier, Blundstone has come up with the NEW 561, a boot for the modern, cashed-up, time-poor, soft-footed suburbanite consumer. And the designers seem to have hit the mark.
Same classical look of the iconic style 500, but with added glove-soft weathered oiled 2.5mm thick waterproof nubuck suede, a more flexible sole, a footbed with the gun shock absorbing material under the heel and — wait for it — kid leather lining. The queue starts here …
So confident is Blundstone, it has adopted a three-second rule for the new boot. That’s how long it will take most people to realise the boot is already comfortable and doesn’t need to be be worn in.
FIT FOR FIRE AND ICE published by National Geographic: To test the hottest innovations in cool weather clothing and footwear, we headed to Iceland, the epicenter of harsh Scandinavian weather, for the perfect seven day trip.
The bright yellow Patagonia Spraymaster Jacket ($249; www.patagonia.com) is stretchy, waterproof, and breathable. It hides Horny Toad’s long-sleeve La Paz Tee ($28; www.hornytoad.com) and tops Lucky Brand Relaxed Bootleg Jean ($114; www.luckybrand.com). His boots are the timeless, weather-proofed Blundstone 500 ($145; www.sugarriveroutfitters.com), while the shades are Oakley’s
wire-frame Crosshairs ($145;